POOL OPENING DATE AND POOL/JACUZZI RULES
Date: June 4, 2019
To: All Homeowners and Residents of Sammamish Bluffs
From: Sammamish Bluffs Homeowners’ Association Board of Directors
Re: Pool Opening Date and Pool/Jacuzzi Rules
We have almost completed the renovation of our pool and spa. The last phase is all about final testing of things to ensure we meet health code requirements.
We are pleased to announce that we anticipate the pool will open on June 10.
While we wait for the final tasks to be finished so that we can open the pool, the Board would like to take this opportunity to remind Homeowners and Residents of the Pool & Jacuzzi Rules. They can be found in your HOA Handbook, however, for your convenience, we have attached them to this memo.
In addition to the regular rules, the Board would like to ask Homeowner’s and Residents to also be mindful of the below items:
- For your safety, and for the safety of others, climbing or standing on the pool railings is not allowed. It can cause damage to the railings and create safety issues. And, if it breaks or damages the railings, that will be an expensive repair that will be assessed to your unit.
- For your safety, and for the safety of others, standing on the pool furniture, is not allowed. You, or others, could be injured and/or you could break the furniture. We have purchased some new pool furniture this year. If you break or damage the furniture, you will be assessed the cost of replacing the furniture.
- Please be mindful of noise. We recognize that people are having a good time in the pool. However, especially at night, please remember that voices and sound carry and are amplified by the pool and jacuzzi. What may seem loud to you at the pool is probably loud to the units around the pool.
- We received complaints last year about large and oversized floatation devices in the pool. We would like to remind you that inflatable floatation devices are not allowed in the pool.
- Please remember that children under the age of 7 are not allowed in the jacuzzi. This also means that children should not be playing with the buttons on the jacuzzi and turning it on and off. We ask that adults please monitor to ensure this does not happen.
We thank you for your patience during the pool renovations and wish you a fabulous summer.
SAMMAMISH BLUFFS POOL & JACUZZI RULES
Sunday – Thursday:
All Swim 9:00am – 9:00pm
Adult Swim: 9:00pm – 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday:
All Swim: 9:00am – 10:00pm
Adult Swim 10:00pm – 11:00pm
Winter Hours: Closed
5.7.1 The pool and area is for the exclusive use of the Sammamish Bluffs Condominium residents, their family and guests.
5.7.2 No person with a communicable disease may use the pool or jacuzzi.
5.7.3 All persons must have a cleansing shower before entering the pool or jacuzzi.
5.7.4 All persons using the pool do so at their own risk. The Sammamish Bluffs Condominium Association is not responsible for accidents and/or injuries.
5.7.5 Supervision is mandatory by a responsible adult (age 18 or older) at all times for children under 14 years of age. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE TO SUPERVISE YOUR FAMILY AND GUESTS. DO NOT ASSUME OR EXPECT OTHER ADULTS USING THE POOL AREA TO SUPERVISE OR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHILDREN.
5.7.6 When the pool is used by persons 14 to 18 years of age at least two people, 14 years of age or older, must be at the pool facility at all times the pool is in use.
5.7.7 If a child cannot swim, or is under the age of 7 years old, the parent must be in the pool with them. NO CHILDREN WEARING DISPOSABLE DIAPERS ARE ALLOWED IN THE POOL AT ANY TIME! (SWIM DIAPERS ARE ALLOWED)
5.7.8 No one under the age of 7 is allowed in the jacuzzi. Six adults are allowed to use the jacuzzi at one time and at half-hour intervals. Use of the jacuzzi with alcohol or medication in your bloodstream, or while pregnant is extremely dangerous and must, by Health Department Regulations, be avoided.
5.7.9 Swimmers are to wear appropriate swim suit or trunks while in the pool or jacuzzi. Street clothes, jeans, or cutoffs are not permitted. Swimmers are to have hair secured in a bun close to the head or must wear bathing cap while in the pool. Hair, bandages, chewing gum, and other foreign objects clog the drain and filter system.
5.7.10 Appropriate conduct, courtesy, and consideration for families in the immediate area of the pool is expected of all pool users. Residents are responsible for the conduct of their guests. GUESTS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESIDENT WHEN USING THE FACILITIES.
5.7.11 Anyone putting debris in the pool will be charged the cost of draining, cleaning, refilling and chemicals required to bring the pool back to Health Department Code, as well as being restricted from further use of the pool.
5.7.12 Breaking of any pool rule may result in a temporary, season, or permanent suspension from the pool area. An adult permitting a child to break the rules as well as the child may be suspended.
5.7.13 Anyone opening a pool gate for someone who either has a non-working key or does not have a key, other than their family or guests, will be subject to suspension from the pool area.
NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA
- NO RUNNING, SCREAMING, OR HORSEPLAY (action that is a potential danger to oneself or to others).
- NO GLASS CONTAINERS, FOOD OR ALCOHOL BEVERAGES IN POOL AREA.
- NO SMOKING IN THE POOL AREA.
- NO LOUD RADIOS OR MUSIC.
- TOYS NOT MADE FOR POOL USE ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA.
- NO PETS IN THE POOL AREA.
- USE OF INFLATABLE FLOATATION DEVICES IS PROHIBITED.